Tourists looking for more popular spots to explore after visiting Sri Mata Vaishnodevi Katra in Reasi district in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Some of the popular tourist destinations you will explore in Reasi district, are religious places, historical fort, parks, waterfall. So today I am sharing top 10 amazing places to visit in the Reasi district in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Katra is one of the popular towns in the Reasi district because of the famous Sri Mata Vaishnodevi temple but there are various tourist destinations that also attract everyone to explore places in the Reasi district. I suggest everyone plan your itinerary for 2 days extra if you are visiting Katra at Sri Mata Vaishnodevi.
Reasi is one of the oldest towns in the state of Jammu & Kashmir located at a distance of 64 km away from Jammu city attracts tourists throughout the year. So, here I am sharing the top 10 amazing places to visit in the Reasi district in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
1. Sri Mata Vaishnodevi at Katra: Sri Mata Vaishnodevi is located in the lap of Trikuta hills which is 13 Km from base camp Katra, the prominent town of District Reasi. Millions of Pilgrims from within and outside the country visit this holy place every year to seek blessings from Goddess Durga.
Watch the video of beautiful View surrounded by Sri Mata Vaishnodevi
2. Baba Agaar Jitto: Agar Jitoo is the ancient shrine of Baba Jitoo. Located at a distance of about eight kilometers from Katra, on the main Reasi-Katra road. The location of the shrine is a very calm and quiet place. Baba Agaar Jitto was the true devotee of maa Vaishno Devi and is a must to visit.
3. Nau Devi Temple: Another popular temple near Sri Mata Vaishnodevi at Katra is a popular tourist attraction. Here you will see the nine incarnations of Goddess Durga namely Shailaputri Devi, Bharmachirini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skanda Mata, Katyayani, Maha Kali, Maha Gauri, and Siddhidatri and also you will see two caves here, one housing a Shiva Linga and the other the Nau Devis. The surrounding view around the temple is clean and green.
4. Sulla Park: Sulla Park is a serene place to spend quality time with your near and dear ones. Tourists visit this place especially during the summer season to admire the beauty of this mesmerizing place. Take a walk through this nature lovers paradise and click cool pics in the backdrop of this park. October to April is the best time to visit this alluring place. This park is located on the bank of the Anji River.
5. Baba Dhansar: Baba Dhansar is located at Karua Jheel near village Karua which is 17 km away from Reasi towards Katra in Reasi district of Jammu & Kashmir State, India. I suggest you visit this temple after visiting Baba Agaar Jitto temple and Nau Devi temple to explore the beautiful surroundings of this temple. To reach this temple you need to climb over 200 steps where you will see natural shivling and Pujari of this temple describe the history of this temple very amazing. The natural waterfall and small pond across the temple are very amazing.
6. Reasi rafting point: After visiting the religious places and parks next place I am suggesting is full of adventure and thrilling experience is river rafting. Tourists enjoyed the thrill of river rafting in the chilling water of Chenab river. This rafting point is 67 km away from Jammu city and 25 km away from Katra. I have experienced the rafting in the Chenab river which is incredible and the view surrounding the rafting is stunning. The organizer charge Rs500 Per person for 15 -20 minutes. Also in the year 2016, River rafting championship was organized here.
Watch the video of My river rafting experience at rafting point, Reasi.
7. Siar Baba: Siar Baba Temple is a cave shrine and is regarded holy by Hindus living around the region and also coming from different parts of the world. This beautiful and majestic temple is 6 km away from Reasi town with natural water falling from the hills to display scenic beauty to attract tourists to visit here.
Watch the video of the View of the waterfall at Siar Baba
8. Bhimharh fort: After visiting a few religious places, parks, waterfalls, and rafting point. So next place you need to explore is the historical Bhimgarh fort which is also known as Reasi Fort. Bhimgarh fort is approximately 4-5 km away from Sulla Park. So do visit this historical fort surrounded by amazing views.
9. Dera Baba Banda: Dera Baba Banda is a sacred place related to Sikhs which is more than 300 years old located in the Reasi district. Dera Baba Banda is dedicated to Baba Banda Bahadur, who was an appointed leader by the Sikh guru – Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The distance of Dera Baba Banda Gurudwara is 30 km away from Katra. Every year many devotees visit this shrine from all over northern India on the occasion of Baishakhi, when a three day Mela is held. It’s a must to visit if you are visiting Katra at Sri Mata Vaishnodevi.
10. Shiv Khori at Ransoo village: Shiv Khori is the sacred place of Lord Shiva which is another popular temple after Sri Mata Vaishnodevi in the Jammu Region. To reach here there are two routes one is from Jammu- Katra – Reasi another route is Jammu- Akhnoor road towards Rajouri. The distance between Katra and Shiv khori is 80 km and 140 km from Jammu city. Shiv Khori is surrounded by green luscious mountains at a tracking distance of 3.5 km from the base camp at Ransoo in Reasi. To reach at Shiv Khiri cave Ponies Palki’s are also available on rent to facilitate pilgrims on the mountainous track where you will see the naturally created cave. To reach at Shiv Khori from Katra buses start from morning 8 to 8.30 am daily from bus stand for some 200 rs. and in case you miss these buses you are in for a private taxi costing some 2500 to 3000. Normally devotees visit to Sri Vaishnodevi also visit Shiv khori after completing the rest for 4-5 hours.
Top 10 amazing places to visit in Reasi district in the state of Jammu & Kashmir
In the end, I hope you like my blog then will plan a 3-day trip to visit popular places after visiting Sri Mata Vaishnodevi at Katra.